SC

SC

søndag 1. juli 2012

TdF og gjenreisning / TdF and reconstruction

Stitched by Me har vært i fokus i et par dager. Del to tar form.
I have had a focus on Stitched by Me the last days and part two is coming up.


Her er skiltet som er satt opp på rådhuset. This is the sign put up on the town hall.


Vi var på "Gjenreisningsmuseet". Der de i ord og bilder viste evakueringen og gjennoppbyggingen av Finnmark etter 2. verdenskrig.
We went to the "Reconstruction" museum where we could see, hear and read about to evacuation of Finnmark during the 2nd World War and the reconstruction.


Dette er den eneste bygningen som sto igjen etter nedbrenningen. 
This is the only building left after the burn down of the town during 2nd World War.


Noen quilteblader og stoffer har jeg også funnet på min vei gjennom byen. Fingerbølene er fra Nordkapp.
I found some magazines and som textiles on my way through town,

2 kommentarer:

  1. Sweet "Stitched by me" label. So sad to hear about Finnmark. I am glad it was reconstructed. Wars do so much damage. I went to Rouen in France and saw how they had re-used the glass in the cathedral windows. So moving.

    Great shopping! I have done a little on-line.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. The label is sweet and big it is one of the parts of the quilt.
      The people of Finnmark were very clever in rebuilding, it is a very big area.

      Slett